Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Blog!

This is my new space for my blog. I've been bothered by the title of my previous one for months now - wishing I'd chosen something other than my last name as the blog title!

Here's an explanation of the title:
* From Abraham-Hicks, who teaches the Law of Attraction: Abraham teaches that a downstream thought is one of Well Being and an upstream thought is the opposite. So, in that sense, we try to always flow downstream.
* Flow is also defined as "Optimal Experience" by Mihaly Csikszenthmihalyi.
* And, the last part of the meaning, is that I call my kids my little ducklings - I love the sweet image of a mama duck and her ducklings quacking along behind her ;)

I'm happy with the new title and love the photo - I took it one day at a park near Mishmar Ayalon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I appreciate the information you've posted on nourishing food sources in Israel. I'll be here a few months and am looking for raw goat milk. I could pick it up anywhere from Jerusalem to around Har Bracha. I already asked in Kfar Tapuach, but he said the season is over until purim. Do you have any idea who I could contact that might have some this time of year?
    Thanks!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emily,

    My name is Brittany and I am a Social Media Publicist contacting you on behalf of an author who would like to send you a copy of her book!


    Susan Christman bridges the gap between the Old and New Testaments in her children’s book, The Last Lamb. In the book, readers follow a young Jewish girl as she experiences the first Easter, from Palm Sunday through the Resurrection. The book is perfect for both those practicing Christianity and Judaism.

    Christman is excited to connect with families rich in faith, and is looking to help reconnect people of faith with the real meaning behind Easter.

    For more information on the book, feel free to take a look here: http://bookstore.westbowpress.com/Products/SKU-000524028/The-Last-Lamb.aspx

    If you’d like a copy of The Last Lamb simply let me know and I’m happy to send one your way.

    Many thanks,

    Brittany Harness
    bharness@authorsolutions.com

    ReplyDelete